Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Florida Gator Felted Bag

My pal Heather needed this. She’s a Florida grad and though my allegiances lie elsewhere, I wanted to make her something fun she’d really be able to show off!

PATTERN:

I used Cascade yarn in colors 7818 and 9441 and added in Gedifra Serano novelty yarn in color 4422.

Cast on 36 and knit 30 rows. I made the bottom of the bag orange then started making stripes 4 rows wide using the add-in yarn on the orange stripes. When finished, the bag was 13″ wide and 9″ tall. After felting, it was 10 1/2″ wide and 6 1/2″ tall.

I got Florida Gator novelty fabric to line the inside of the bag. To complete this obnoxiously bright felted bag masterpiece I added orange handles and big gator GREEN buttons!

I hope Heather likes it a lot, she sure is a great pal to have!

No comments: