Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Spicy Shrimp Soup

Say that 5 times fast. Yet another soup in my quest for world domination through stocks and stews. I got this recipe from All Recipes (one of my favorites for good home cooked, tried and true food) and the only change I made really was I think I added more garlic and I removed the shrimp tails as I don’t like slowing down to remove them while I’m eating.


Recipe:

2quarts chicken broth

2 T. rosemary

5 cloves garlic, minced (I used more, I’m a whore for garlic)

1 tsp. ground black pepper

1 tsp. celery seed

1/2 tsp. fennel seed

1 C. clam juice

1/2 (6 oz.) can tomato paste

1 C. butter

1 C. white wine

2 pounds shrimp ( tails removed)

1 loaf French bread

Pour broth into a large pot, and mix in rosemary, garlic, pepper, celery seed, fennel seed, clam juice, tomato paste, and butter. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Stir wine into the soup, and continue to simmer and occasionally stir 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in shrimp. Continue cooking 3 minutes, or until shrimp are opaque. Serve with break for soaking up the broth.

No comments: