Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Costume

My younger son Zach wanted to be something a little outside the norm. Link from Legend of Zelda. He actually wanted to be Link last year but I was already constructing a complex witch costume for Sammie and knew I'd never have time to sew both so I promised him this year I'd do Link for him.

So....what do you think?
The forearm pieces are old soccer shin guards he outgrew that I spray painted. The boots are women's fuzzy slippers (two pair, one for the cuff added on). I sewed the tunic, hat and pants. We threw on some leather belts for the body pieces and I managed to find a sword and shield that were fairly close matches.

3 comments:

Jeni said...

Well, I have to 'fess up here and say I have no clue about "Link" and "Zelda" -all characters out of my realm. However, the costume itself took me back in time -reminded me very much of the Robin Hood costume my Mom made for me when I was in 5th grade. Now, there's some time travel for ya! That would have been oh, 54 years ago this Halloween! Amazing, isn't it that one can remember back that many years! LOL

nikki said...

Way awesome!

Unknown said...

WOW I had no idea you could sew!!! It looks awesome!! I'm impressed!