Saturday, November 8, 2008

Sonia's Hot Artichoke Dip

Here's the world famous, best you'll ever have,
Hot Artichoke Dip:

1 C. artichoke hearts (get the can of quartered artichoke hearts and then chop them up really good on your cutting board)
8 oz. cream cheese
1 C. mayo
1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chile peppers
1 C. parmesan cheese
1 t. garlic salt (add more if you wish but it's pretty strong stuff)
additional parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 375. In a medium bowl, mix artichoke hearts, mayo, parmesan cheese, cream cheese and green chile peppers. Definitely use a mixer and not by hand or the mixture will not be combined well enough. Scoop mixture into a deep dish pie plate. Sprinkle parmesan cheese lightly over the entire top. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until top is lightly browned and bubbly. Serve warm with tortilla chips.

That recipe is my own creation, configured it myself, don't say I never gave you anything. When you serve it, there is never any left - so no hope for some to make into a soup later. Sorry!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I've made a similar recipe - I had 6-7 drops of tabasco for a little kick too :-)

I never thought to add garlic salt though. Great idea!