Monday, January 29, 2007

Wavy Ribbon Scarf

Finally did a scarf that was a little beyond a regular knit stitch. And I’ve been working on it for myself (at last, a project for myself!) forever because I was making so many things for other people. But this is one you need to knit and actually pay attention because there is a distinct pattern that makes the wavy rows. I lost my place and had to figure out where I was more than once! Absentmindedly throwing stitches on your needles is not the way to do this project!

Wavy Ribbon Scarf

Yarn used: Segue by Trendsetter, Monet color 1554 (gorgeous, not cheap)

Needles: US 15

Pattern:

Row 1: K2, then K wrap 2 (4 times), K4, K wrap 2 (4 times), K2

Row 2: Knit dropping all extra stitches

Row 3: K wrap 2 (2 times), K4, K wrap 2 (4 times), K4, K wrap 2 (2 times)

Row 4: Knit dropping all extra stitches

Repeat!! I wore mine for the first time today and already got a compliment on it!

No comments: